Shaft Speed Sensors - Hall Effect
• Square-wave pulse frequency output,
• Zero speed operation with no signal loss
• 5-24 VDC powered
• Non-contact, large gap distance sensing
• Simple to install and set up
• Bidirectional (quadrature) options
• Works with Electro-Sensors magnetic pulser discs / wraps
• Optional Mounting Bracket Assembly and Mounting Magnet
Model 906 sensors are water resistant and suitable for industrial applications, including environments where dirt, dust, grease, or moisture are present. The 906 standard sensor has a threaded aluminum body, and is supplied with a mounting bracket and 10 ft of cable. The quadrature (bidirectional) option has two sensors and is designed for applications requiring both speed and direction information.
These speed sensors use magnet-sensing Hall Effect IC's to produce a digital pulse signal to interface with speed switches, tachometers, counters, signal conditioners, or PLC's. Hall Effect sensors provide true zero speed operation with square-wave output and immunity to electrical noise.
A pulser disc or split collar pulser wrap with embedded magnets is mounted on the monitored shaft. As the shaft rotates, the magnets pass in front of the sensor causing the sensor to switch high and low, thus producing a digital pulse output. The sensors provide a digital square wave signal with a 50/50 duty cycle when used with pulse generators that have evenly spaced magnets of alternating polarity, such as Electro-Sensors Model 255 Pulser Disc. The recommended gap distance between the sensor and pulse generator is 1/4 inch +/- 1/8 inch. The gap flexibility makes the sensors tolerant of vibration, shaft run-out, misalignment, and industrial environments.
Optional EZ-3/4in Easy Sensor Mount
(see EZ-3/4in page for more details)
• Mounts directly to the tapped shaft
• Can be used with optional Mounting Magnet if shaft is not tapped
• Pulser disc is included (8 PPR)
• EZ-3/4in is for the 906 and 932 sensors
EZ-3/4in & 906 EZ-3/4in, 906, and MM-1.25 Mounting